About the show
An iconic novel by Anthony Burgess, directed by top-ranked contemporary director, on the stage of the Theatre on Podil!
To hate, you have to be capable of loving someone.
Humans tend to make mistakes. One, two, ten. We give preference to the path of the strongest, the way of violence and blood.
People create beautiful things, develop and evolve. We are capable of LOVE.
What should we be like? We make choices every day.
But if we were deprived of the opportunity to decide, the right to make a mistake – we could become beautiful and controlled mechanical dolls, the willless fruits of human Love for power over others.
Performance language - Ukrainian
Additional Information - Play by Avtandil Varsimashvili; translation by Oksana Prybish and Avtandil Varsimashvili
2 hours with intermission
Genre - Psychological thriller
First night - 4 June 2021
- Author - Anthony Burgess
- Director & Set Designer - Avtandil Varsimashvili
- Assistant Director - Volodymyr Kudlinsky
- Costume Designer - Nina Rudenko,Svitlana Zaikina
- Music - Eliso Ordzhonikidze
- Lighting Designer - Sergey Nevgadovsky
- Video - Alexander Bratinov
- Sound Engineer - Sergey Shevchenko
- Specialist in the development of drawings and models of stage design - Kristina Radionova
- Designer of creating 3D-model scene - Vladimir Mikhailov
- Stage manager - Lyubov Skirko