About the show
A melodramatic story about the search of love, proposed by Ivan Vyrypaev, illustrates the modern model of relations.
Today, when knowledge of everything is available, people acquire it without personal experience, existing in dry theories, inability to hear others and inner devastation, because cocaine, alcohol and soulless reflections on Buddhist emptiness don’t give heroes the happiness, they are waiting for. They wait, but do nothing to give this happiness to those who are close to them.
The protagonist David after the death of his wife can not let her go and continue to live on. Often he talks to her and refuses to believe in what happened… Being in the shackles of his affection, she leads him to the idea that all his suffering is caused by the fact that he did not really loved her, that is why he is unhappy After all, «happiness is a work that by all means, we need to do well».
The stage space in which the heroes are located reminds us whether a large a shower stall, or a mental hospital. Will they be able to cleanse themselves from their sufferings and start working for their happiness?
- Performance language — Ukrainian
- 2 hours 20 minutes with intermission
- Genre — Ironic comedy about love and death
- First night — 19 February 2019
- Author — Ivan Vyrypaev
- Translation from Russian to Ukrainian — Pavlo Arie
- Director, Set & Costume Designer, Music — David Petrosyan
- Lighting Designer — Sergey Nevgadovsky
- Sound — Sergey Shevchenko
- Video — Alexander Bratinov
- Stage manager — Sofia Lyudvichenko